My new daily driver

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

DirtyJim

My new daily driver

Post by DirtyJim »

My new company car was finally delivered this week. I know, it a Chevy. But its a fleet vehicle so I don't have any choice in auto manufacturers, plus I dont have to pay for gas, insurance, maintenance, etc. At least its new. Its a 2010 HHR and was manufactured in February. It had 8 miles on it when I picked it up at the dealership. My previous vehicle was a 2006 Chevy Uplander minivan. I unloaded the van in the yard next to the driveway; I just made a large pile of equipment, parts, etc......everything that was in the van. When I brought the HHR home and parked it in the driveway, the darn pile of tools was bigger than the HHR! Over the last two days I managed to organize, and sort the pile down to just the stuff I really need and had to do some cutting and fabricating on the old shelving units to get them to fit in the HHR. Everything's finally in place and Im ready to go to work! (not really).

hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: My new daily driver

Post by hazelnut »

I bet that thing will buzz forever on a tank of gas, good to see you work for a company that keeps you in newer vehicals. i worked for a company 16 years and the newest thing i got was 5 years old and had 90k on it :lol:. enjoy the ride
DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

Haha. Thats about how these go too. I put about 90k-97K miles on them in about four years time. Since its a fleet, they start notifying me to replace it at around 85-90K miles. It takes a few months til you finally get the vehicle. My last one was a 2006 model and I had 96k miles on it when I turned it in last week. This HHR had 8 miles on the clock when I picked it up. I put over a hundred miles on it just today.
I ordered this just after Christmas last year. The vehicle was bui;t in February, and was shipped to a dealer that installs the special upfit package and decals. Then it gets shipped to the dealer in my area for me to pick up. They ship these things by train, so it takes a long time to get them. I was notified March 30th that the thing was finished....it took until May 5th to finally get it. Ill be ordering a new one around 2014.
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

just be carefull when your driveing it, you could get mistaken for a midget ambulance :lol: :lol:
DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I want to get me the original Ghost Busters siren for it. Anyone remember that from the movie? How do I recreate that sound?
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »