Great Wife

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Great Wife

Post by wildcard »

I have a great wife. She makes lye soap at home and a store in Jefferson sells it for her. They let her know when it's getting low and she carries more up there and picks up her money. Well Friday. she took HER money and bought me a new Humminbird 550 fishfinder for my boat. :D :woohoo: She said it was just because she loved me. And she likes to ride in my 71. Don't get much better than that.
indytexan929

Re: Great Wife

Post by indytexan929 »

wildcard wrote:I have a great wife. She makes lye soap at home and a store in Jefferson sells it for her. They let her know when it's getting low and she carries more up there and picks up her money. Well Friday. she took HER money and bought me a new Humminbird 550 fishfinder for my boat. :D :woohoo: She said it was just because she loved me. And she likes to ride in my 71. Don't get much better than that.
Sounds like you got a keeper there!! My wife grabbed the keys to my 68 yesterday and drove me to Sonic for a coke after working in the yard all day. She hasn't had much experience driving manual transmission vehicles, and her only experience with a column shift is my truck. She did great!! I talked her through the whole way, and she never stalled once. I'm so proud of her. :D :D :D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
brandon.k
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by brandon.k »

indytexan929 wrote:
wildcard wrote:I have a great wife. She makes lye soap at home and a store in Jefferson sells it for her. They let her know when it's getting low and she carries more up there and picks up her money. Well Friday. she took HER money and bought me a new Humminbird 550 fishfinder for my boat. :D :woohoo: She said it was just because she loved me. And she likes to ride in my 71. Don't get much better than that.
Sounds like you got a keeper there!! My wife grabbed the keys to my 68 yesterday and drove me to Sonic for a coke after working in the yard all day. She hasn't had much experience driving manual transmission vehicles, and her only experience with a column shift is my truck. She did great!! I talked her through the whole way, and she never stalled once. I'm so proud of her. :D :D :D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:lol: That means you better start looking for another bump cause you done lost yours. :lol: Just kidding :D
ImageImage
towtruckerfour
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by towtruckerfour »

I definitely have a great wife. We already have my 70 F250 and her 70 F100. For my 40th birthday this year she bought me a 68 F250 highboy to restore. Good thing we have a big sideyard to park all these. She loves driving her truck and riding with me in mine. We wiil probably argue on who gets to drive the highboy when its done but i'm sure I will cave in. Gotta keep her happy.
Troy
Why is it that the trucks are always the best running vehicles in the family?
Ford means "found on road daily"
70 F100 Custom-352 w/68 Highboy 4x4 frame. My play/project truck
70 F250 Explorer-390/C6 auto. My work truck
04 Mitsubishi montero-family car
DGrant09

Post by DGrant09 »

Those are great ones!

I am happy that my wife puts up with me, that can be a chore at times.. :D
09", F350, Cabelas, 6.4L
72", F250, CS, 390, 2 WD
guerra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by guerra »

Those are some great stories. sure makes a differance when you have great support like that. and its a bonus that they sure your interests. :thup:
1967 f-100 lwb 360/c6
1969 f-100 swb 351/c6 (project)
VonsF100

Post by VonsF100 »

My wife would get along with yours, I can just tell.

My wife buys me power tools, lets me steal the dishsoap to wash my greasey hands, and understands when I need to rebbuild a chainsaw in the [censored].....cus it's "cold" outside.

Oh ya, and she dint even bat an eye when I traded a 1998 olds Bravada 4x4 straight even for a late 50's Farmall 400 with a loader...
--or that '69 F100 I picked up last month; rescued it from a scrapper who was gunna crush it :eek:
--oh, and then there's the 22 foot Century cabin cruiser, sterndrive with a GM 305 marine engine sittin beside my garage---I have nuthin to tow it to the lake.....yet. Besides, it needs some major work to run anyway.

At least she understands, and buys me tools/parts for all muh toys!