cold packs

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

warponyxlt

cold packs

Post by warponyxlt »

hurt me knee the other day kinda bad but i had no cold compresses or anything so i came to a conclusion i poured 2 cups of water into a diaper and froze it for a couple of hours took it out and strapped it on damn it worked good. Just a backwoods fix for the situation at hand. any one else have any fixes for when you get hurt like that like duck tapping a band aid or super glue in finger tip splits :fr:
if its fixed break it again red white and ford blue the only up hill thats good is the one you are going down
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: cold packs

Post by ford4x4fun »

Super Glue fixed a finger I cut to the bone in Iraq once!
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
Big Blue 72

Post by Big Blue 72 »

A bag of frozen peas works good for an ice pack too. Conforms to whatever injury you put it on.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

ford4x4fun wrote:Super Glue fixed a finger I cut to the bone in Iraq once!
Most people don't realize that that is actually what Super Glue was designed for in the first place.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Cheerwino

Post by Cheerwino »

:yt: Liquid Bandage is a less redneck wound sealing option, but less cool factor than Super Glue. :lol: Great for kids, too. Once you get past the screaming.

I injured my shoulder and the physical therapist was really big on daily icing of the area. He suggested filling a little paper Dixie cup with water and freezing. Then peel away a bit of the cup and use the remainder as a handle and rub in circles on the area for 10-15 minutes or so. He said it causes the blood to constrict from the area, when you stop icing it, fresh blood comes in to clean the area that otherwise collects dead cells and hardens. I think this was particularly true in the case of my bruised tendons in my shoulder.

Whatever happens, don't let 'em put you down! :2cents:
Big Blue 72

Post by Big Blue 72 »

I've done the same thing, except my physical therapist used frozen cottage cheese containers instead of dixie cups. Covered a lot more area.