possible good news

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

possible good news

Post by fordman »

my dad came by today and dropped off some tires off of a van he parted out the other day. and i told him about how hard it was finding tires for my wifes car. 185/70/14 at a good deal. and he said did you try craigslist. and i said no because the last time i looked i couldn't find any. so i got bored today and looked anyway. and sure enough i found a set of 4 almost brand new tires for 100.00 for the set. i could have waited but i figured this may save me some time in the future so i bought them.

anyway while talking to the guy i asked what else he was parting out. and he said he had a bunch of stuff. but nothing we could use. oh well. but he said he was looking of someone who could do engine and trans swaps in Honda's and Toyota's as well as other cars and trucks and i said yes. well he said he would call me within the next week or two. so i may have found some sort of work finally. even if it isn't much it is something. plus he had lots of auto parts that i could put on ebay for him and he would pay me to do that too. he said he had alot of airbags from these cars he had parted or is parting out. and those airbags go for 100.00 and up for them he said. and i know thats true too. so i may have finally found some kind of work after two years now. i hope. we didn't really talk money but i think he wants to see what he can get going on this engine swap first.

heres the tires we bought. we got the rims too but they wont fit our car. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1730714308.html
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: possible good news

Post by rjewkes »

Good deal, and Good Luck Craig.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
70_F100

Post by 70_F100 »

Good things come to those who wait!!!

Hopefully something will come along for me before long!!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.--Plato
Why is it that there's seldom time to fix it right the first time, but there's always time to fix it right the second time???

That's not an oil leak :nono: That's SWEAT from all that HORSEPOWER!! :thup:
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

hope it works out craig
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage