NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

DuckRyder

Re: NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

Post by DuckRyder »

This thread is dangerously close to several things we don't talk about here (Politics, Race, Religion) and will be watched.

I would like to remind everyone that we do not attack others based upon views and that we do not discuss politics, religion or race here.

Additionally, while it probably isn't against the rules, I think that you should be quite careful with the gender specific part of number 8...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
taylor351
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by taylor351 »

I hate phones escpecially cell phones (Sometimes I don't want to be found.) and texting, don't get me started. I would rateher talk to you face to face, so I can see your facial expressions, I rely on these as much as spoken word to carry the conversation.

If I would have smarted off or disrespected my father, well I am not sure I would still be able to sit down.
He taught me to respect all people, I still hold doors open for many people, men women young children. Respect and trust is given til it is proven you don't want it or won't recpricate.
I had a girl who got mad at me for holding the door for her and she let me know that she was capable of getting her own door. I asked her if she was a lady, she told me no. I closed the door behind myself.

Keith
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab 4.7 liter Daily Driver
1993 f150 351 4x4
1969 f100 Ranger daily driver wantabe
1972 classic c10
Proudly serving Christ since 2000
God bless our troops
A bitter rural American clinging to my guns and my religion.
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

DuckRyder wrote:This thread is dangerously close to several things we don't talk about here (Politics, Race, Religion) and will be watched.

I would like to remind everyone that we do not attack others based upon views and that we do not discuss politics, religion or race here.

Additionally, while it probably isn't against the rules, I think that you should be quite careful with the gender specific part of number 8...
DuckRyder,

Isn't your signature with the quote from Samuel Adams about the right to bear arms political?

Aren't you espousing a particular political view every time you post by using that quote? :?

Just curious. :hmm:
1967 Flareside Shortbed Crew
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

socalcraigster wrote:
DuckRyder wrote:This thread is dangerously close to several things we don't talk about here (Politics, Race, Religion) and will be watched.

DuckRyder,

Isn't your signature with the quote from Samuel Adams about the right to bear arms political?

Aren't you espousing a particular political view every time you post by using that quote? :?

Signatures are not discussions.
Robert

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

I thought we are supposed to keep our political and religious viewpoints off all parts of this site?

You are using your signature to give a political viewpoint.

I do not think that the disntinction you are making matters.

If you want people to follow the rules, you have to lead by example.

Maybe you should reconsider.

Regards.
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

socalcraigster wrote:

DuckRyder,

He has a point you know.

:pop:
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

First of all the signature isn't political, it is a quote, not an opinion, you are choosing to make it political.

Secondly, a signature is a place that a person can express something about themselves, and some personal message, so yes there is some additional latitude there, but no you can't put a blatantly discriminatory statement there.

There are quite a few people who have signatures which express some aspect which one could choose to take offense at.

Now, If you'd like further clarification perhaps you should take it to my PM box because your post are directly controverting the spirit in which my friendly moderation comment was offered.
Robert

socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

In your post, you made a absolute statement that viewpoints/discussions that are political, religious or racial are not appropriate. :thup:

Now, you are qualifying that statement with "there is some additional latitude" in the signature line. :?

I did not know the rules allowed for that kind of latitude. You should have mentioned it. And it is solely up to you to make that determination. :clap:

Hey, being into firearms is one thing, but quoting Sam Adams about the Constitution and the right to bear arms is a political viewpoint which apparently you agree with.

And unchallenged viewpoints in the signature line are okay, but discussions in the thread area aren't? 8)

I am just looking for consistent application of the rule.

Otherwise, the exceptions (what you call latitude) swallow the rule. :2cents:

Oh, the reason why I did not PM you is that you could clarify your policing of the threads; then everyone else here is on the same page.
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

Redcap wrote:
sacramento_ford wrote:1. YOU can no longer wave goodbye to you famliy at the terminal at the air port
2. people only say hello cause they boss told them to say hello
3. your kids first job wont be fast food when he turns 16 becasue he doesnt know spanish
4, you will never see 99 cent gas ever again
5. you see the america flag more at car dealerships, store displays, and gas stations more than on people porches
6. the other day, i saw a grandmother visiting her granddaughter at her job to order a pizzia, she didnt know her number
7. full service gas stations has been replaced with get it your dam self.....
8. healthy american breakfast has been replaced with sodas, redbulls ,a coffe, and the girls dont eat fearing weight gain
9. doctors now have to look at a chart to know your first name
10. american flags are still made in other countrys among everything else
1) BFD.
2) Debatable.
3) Bulls***.
4) Absolutely true, unfortunately...
5) You must live in a place that sucks. I see plenty of American Flags around here on peoples' porches.
6) I don't get it.
7) And the problem with this is...?
8) Guess that one depends on how people are raised. My son and I eat a damn fine, old-fashioned breakfast every day (lunches and dinner too).
9) Only if you are doing it wrong. My doc has been the same since I was born. When I call the office, she knows who it is by the sound of my voice.
10) So buy a good one made right here. The choice, as a consumer, is yours.

Fail rant, 0/10.
X2 except I don't eat breakfast :D

All this seems to be to me is an attempt to start political or racial discussions.... :hmm:
1969 Ford F250 Custom Cab 360/C6 - currently under de-construction
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

God bless the USA.

Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

remember when? i am not a old man in a nursing home saying do you remember this you little wipper snapper.
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

papabug71 wrote:God bless the USA.

[ Image ]

:yt: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

1. YOU can no longer wave goodbye to you famliy at the terminal at the air port
2. people only say hello cause they boss told them to say hello
3. your kids first job wont be fast food when he turns 16 becasue he doesnt know spanish
4, you will never see 99 cent gas ever again
5. you see the america flag more at car dealerships, store displays, and gas stations more than on people porches
6. the other day, i saw a grandmother visiting her granddaughter at her job to order a pizzia, she didnt know her number
7. full service gas stations has been replaced with get it your dam self.....
8. healthy american breakfast has been replaced with sodas, redbulls ,a coffe, and the girls dont eat fearing weight gain
9. doctors now have to look at a chart to know your first name
10. american flags are still made in other countrys among everything else

My top 10
1. Have for the past 3 deployments and getting ready for a 4th my family has waved to me.
2. Not in the military.
3. A job is a job regardless what language you speak. If you have a better education you might not work at MacDonalds.
4. This is not 1977
5. I disagree completely. Maybe you should travel the U.S for about a year and see where Old Glory really is.
6. Maybe she can't hear.
7. What is wrong with that. Not everyone is old and needs someone to pump their gas and clean thier windows.
8. Give the bone to the dog and the meat to the man!
9. Not everyone will know you on an personal basis. This is not 1890 where there was only 50 people in your town.
10. American flags are not only made in other countries my friend. They have come from Stone Mountain Ga., Springfield Ill., Chicago, Dallas, and other American made cities. As for your top 10, you need to look outside the box in which you call home and look at the the whole geographical area of the United States of America. Not everyone lives and thinks like you do. Many, many amd many of us still believe in the Constitution and what it was originally meant. I think this was just a stunt to stur the pot. Until you know what it means to fight or know someone that has fought for your freedom, please do not downgrade the rest of America because your community won't stand up for itself. Sooner or later someone will be there to pick you up if it is really that bad. That my :2cents: .

Hotrod Ford.
1971 Sport Custom SWB: 360/C6 3.00
1965 Ford Falcon 4Dr: Inline 170 3sp
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

I do agree that Lots of Americans, Particularly Those in power Show no self Respect for themselves or the country. We now let other countries tell us what we are doing. This new softer America is too soft. We aren't using our teeth enough.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

rjewkes wrote:I do agree that Lots of Americans, Particularly Those in power Show no self Respect for themselves or the country. We now let other countries tell us what we are doing. This new softer America is too soft. We aren't using our teeth enough.
Those in power are doing all they can to take our teeth away. This new, softer America can kiss my white Irish a**.