'70 Sport Custom Rebuild- She's been adopted!

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: '70 Sport Custom Rebuild- Where did all my Bump money go!?

Post by 67mann »

:( sorry to hear this Randy but, You know best of what you have to do :thup:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

Wow!! Hate to hear you going to give up project. I know i don't post as much as others on here but i am one that i always enjoyed your post. I hope that someone from this site takes up your offer and completes the project and a promise that you get to see it when it's done. Hope you pick the right person to take up your offer and not someone is going to drag it and do nothing with it. Are you staying on the Fordification site? I'm sure you have enough info on these trucks to help others out with their projects. I just have to ask, why free ? Have a good day and hope to see more post from you !!
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Sure hate to see this thread ending like this. Hopefully the new future owner will continue the project updates...
I somehow missed your posts/updates with your house addition but explains why I hadn’t seen anything happening with the truck. I spent a year of weekends and vacation days building our cabin in N GA ten years ago and know how it wears you down and takes up every spare minute.
All the best to you Randy. :thup:
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Randy my friend we all go through it, (speed bumps)...
Is it simply needing muscle type help on the build, anything that could change in the future even if you put the truck on the back burner another year?! :pray:
I too would hate to see this happen, (but would also love for someone here on the forum take over the 110% you've put into this build)!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Thanks for all the words of sympathy and offers of support! Due to current "life" circumstances it's just not going to happen and I can't afford to put it in storage somewhere til it could. But not to worry guys I'm not going anywhere. You guys are the best, and the only :lol: , friends I have! I can't live without this forum and I'll still be hanging around with ya'll for many years to come. :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Fordkid68
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Fordkid68 »

I am so sorry to hear that you cannot finish your bump! :cry: It is a beautiful truck and I hope that someone is willing to finish it the way you intended.
Sometimes life throws curveballs and we have to make sacrifices, but it is something that needs done. I'm glad to hear that you will still be active on the forums, so that you can pass your knowledge on to someone else.
I wish you well!
Adam

My first truck,
1968 F100 lwb 2wd soon to have a 351w, 5-speed
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15#p771357
^^Build Thread^^
04 Subaru Outback (daily driver), with a 2.5l boxer H4
(no other projects, YET!)
"Might be crazy but I ain't dumb"!
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

Oh man...don't quit. I started my project in 2013 and finally started the engine two weekends ago and put the front clip together last weekend. My wife and I went for its maiden voyage shortly after. Let me tell you, the reward is huge. I too, hit bumps along the way and had long periods of burnout or frustration or priorities or farming and harvest hours that interrupted progress. The smile on my face now can't be wiped off though. We all know on this forum how painful it is to watch these great machines go away. You can do it and you will get back to it, possibly with grandkids help. I look forward to more progress pictures!!!
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Not so much giving up as being in a position where I'm going to be leaving soon. Can't take it with me and can't leave it behind. Hell, you guys are my best friends and if I can't tell you then who? I'm downsizing/simplifying my life and not sure where/how I'm going to be living in the future. Possibly in a camper for awhile. I had hoped to be driving away in the bump but have to face the reality that she won't be ready before I am. I'll be traveling light and want my beloved truck to go to someone who will give her the appreciation she deserves.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
dave1972

Re: '70 Sport Custom Rebuild- Free to a good home!

Post by dave1972 »

Well take care and I hope if someone finishes yours that you'll be able to see it. I have gleaned a lot from your postings. I have been on this forum many many many times to help get my project done but only posting advise to others when I feel confident. Your knowledge and willingness to share is BIG for us. Thank you!
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

17 yr marriage that I thought would never end till she walked in one day and said she was leaving< (she'd had an affair). If it's the same thing than believe me that things happen for a reason Randy! I'm a long 13 years single now but have met some amazing and hot ladies, (single life takes some getting used to after being married that long but def doable my friend!
Have you posted the truck on the Fordification "Fakebook" page or the Fixem Fakebook page? Guaranteed someone will be beating down youir door with a car trailer within hours if you do that.

I WOULD HAVE MY OLDER BROTHER IN NE GEORGIA HELP ME GET THE TRUCK IF I WERE STILL ION CHATTANOOGA! :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

I am sorry to hear this.
I enjoy your posts and all the information/help/advice that I have received from you and I hope to see many more .
:pray: :pray: I am sorry to hear about your life changes . :pray: :pray:

:pray: :pray: Please don't give up, maybe things will work out for you and you might find another bump later . Keep looking up. :pray: :pray:
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Thanks Jeff. Nah. nothing like that. Just don't get along anymore and haven't for a long time. Better to cut ties and move on. Not interested in going there again either. I just want to move up in the mountains, build a 1br cabin and drop out of society. 8)
Randy
yellercat

Post by yellercat »

Good luck Randy.
Including you in my prayers this evening. :pray:
1970 F100 302 C-4 factory air
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Sorry to hear about this change in events Randy. I do hope you find a good home for the truck and yourself buddy.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

So my baby got adopted a couple days. T&E Restorations right here where I live. He's a friend of my oldest stepson too. He's promised me I can see her any time I want. First up, short wheel base swap. He already has the frame and is going to cut the bed down. And yes, he knows to cut the front and the rear, I asked. :lol: He picked up the cab/frame Tuesday. He let me kiss her goodbye. :cry: He's going to come by in his pickup (ugh! a Chebbie :doh: ) every now and then and start hauling parts to his shop. Here's my last look at her as she left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy