North Texas Meet and Greet

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

TEXAS 70 RANGER XLT

North Texas Meet and Greet

Post by TEXAS 70 RANGER XLT »

Hey Texas,

Is there a Meet and Greet in North Texas? If not what do we need to do to have one? Anyone interested?
SportCustom

Post by SportCustom »

I would consider coming out but I may not be able to drive my f-100. How many are in the same boat.

Todd
1970 F-100 Sport Custom
390 FE
CV/8.8 Swap
67custom352dailydriver

re: North Texas Meet and Greet

Post by 67custom352dailydriver »

Im in the nearby area and yes I would definitely be interested to meet some of the fellow members of the site.
ONLY LITTLE BOYS USE BOWTIES
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, there's going to be one in the general central/southern Texas area around the second week of November. I'm heading to Houston to visit family during that time, and so Chris (cobraf100, one of the forum moderators) got started trying to set up a Meet & Greet. The actual date hasn't been decided yet, but it's looking like it might be around Nov. 12-13. Keep track on the updates in THIS THREAD, where we'll be finalizing all plans as it starts to come together.

Don't worry about not bringing your truck. It would be nice if you could, but heck, I'm not bringing mine (obviously). ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
TEXAS 70 RANGER XLT

Post by TEXAS 70 RANGER XLT »

I'll be there in my ride unless the price of gas goes way up. I'm gonna do some engine work before I make the trip.

Probably won't race since I got a 325 rear end but I'll cheer on those who do. I'll admit that I'm gonna cheer more for the 70's if there are any other than mine.
If you always do what you've always done. You'll always get what you always got.

Greg
Billybobjunky

Post by Billybobjunky »

Hmmm, did it happen or no considering it's after november. Well lets have another one if there was! North Texas has a couple of us and I know Myself and Tony would be game. Lemme know guys, and it ain't even gotta be so much a big organized deal, lets just get together one day and swap stories, parts or something! Adios!
1967 SWB 2wd F100

-'77 V8 [[[410]]]
-'74 C6
-Re-wired main harness
-Disc Brakes/Power Steering
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

maybe consider a north texas-southern OK at a central or semi- central location- if i'm not somewhere else working i'm up for it JD
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

If I'm not working, I' be interested.
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

I'd like to know if something like this happens, I would really like to attend. The closer to West Texas, the better, lol...you really can drive all day and still be in Texas, depending on where you're going...
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

I will make it to the north Texas one if every one can set it up. Just tell me were and when. This spring would be nice before it gets to hot. Charles
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, there's been a little off-and-on chatter about seeing if we could get a Meet & Greet put together in Kansas City sometime in the spring. That would enable the members from Midwest area to meet up. There hasn't been any definite plans yet though. How would you guys up in north Texas feel about hitting Kansas City? Yeah, I know....it would be about a 6-7 hour drive, depending on where you live. :o

Otherwise, it's just going to take someone to step up and see if they can coordinate a get-together. Really all it would take is to find a swap meet or car show that's centrally-located to all the members who want to attend. Then decide on a time and place to meet up, preferably at a restaurant, so you can all get something to eat and/or drink while you're waiting for the others to arrive. Once everyone's accounted for, you'll go off enmasse to the event. It's also a good think to plan for some parking lot time, since everyone is going to want to check out the trucks brought.

Any of you Texans feel like checking into it? Do any of you have a website link to automotive events in your area, so you can decide on a date to coincide with one of them? You really need to do this no less than a month ahead of schedule (two months is better), to give folks a chance to make plans, especially if it's going to involve some driving time to attend.

When the last Texas Meet & Greet was held in Killeen back in November of 2005 we met up at the local I-Hop for breakfast and then spent some time together at a small swap meet. There's no reason you couldn't set up something like that very easily. Someone just needs to start a thread here asking for interested parties, and then spend a week or so tossing around dates and ideas.

If the Kansas City idea doesn't work for the midwest folks, I'm thinking about trying to get one arranged for the third week in September here in West Point, Nebraska....to coincide with the Last Fling 'Til Spring car show, put on by the Road Gems car club (which I'm a member of and the official webmaster and photographer). There would probably only be a half-dozen members who could make it, but they'd have a blast.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

I could go to either one I believe.

See what happens I guess.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: North Texas Meet and Greet

Post by flyboy2610 »

mytmatt wrote:you really can drive all day and still be in Texas, depending on where you're going...
Yep. It's farther from Brownsville to San Antomio than from San Antonio to Los Angeles.

I'd go to KC or West Point, but I won't have the truck available yet.
I'd have to drive the Taurus, but at least it's a Ford! :lol:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html