1967 F100 Father and Son Project - Starting Final Assembly

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

jrreed1634

Re: 1967 F100 Father and Son Project - Starting Final Assembly

Post by jrreed1634 »

I did a few things in the cab this spring to get it most of the way finished. I built a center console out of wood, painted it and covered the top and then installed seat covers.

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Great job! :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jrreed1634

Post by jrreed1634 »

I haven't posted in awhile and thought I would show some new photos. I haven't worked on the truck much lately, just been able to enjoy it. I still need to track down an oil leak, maybe this winter.

I made a small change to the center console, basically added better cup holders and the 'Jeff's 67' symbols my Dad had made that match the alternator bracket.

Here are a couple of my first car show in downtown Madison.

My friends were married this summer and asked if the truck could be in the pictures since the bride is a big fan of old cars. The photographer took one with me and the truck by itself first.

Here are a few of the bride and groom pictures with it.

Besides the oil leak I have two other issues I have been avoiding fixing. One is the slow start issue. It takes a long time to start after sitting for awhile. I installed a check valve because I thought the fuel was draining back to the tank but that didn't seem to help. The other issue is I am not very happy about the Mr. Gasket shifter. I have looked at a Hurst shifter but it is expensive and not sure how much better it would be.

Anyways, thanks for taking a look and hope everyone else's projects are going well.

-Jeff
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Truck looks great! My column shift was giving me fits so I moved the shifter to the floor. I went through 2 of those Mr. Gasket 3 speed shifters in under 3 years. Finally gave up on it and just rebuilt the column. It worked great after the rebuild. Considered the Hurst shifter but couldn't afford it either.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.