72 F250 XLT Camper Special

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

HDxLoki

72 F250 XLT Camper Special

Post by HDxLoki »

This Truck has been in the family ever since the day it rolled off the lot. Yes, shes in need of some love still but ive done a lot to her some engine work such as a new carb, intake manifold, headers, ETC. I drive it every day to and from school and it runs perfectly (most of the time considering its 40 years old). I'm still paining on doing tons of work. Tell me if you have any suggestions on ANYTHING! Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 F250 Ranger XLT Camper Special 390ci Bought Brand new in 1972 and passed down from my Grandpa after he passed
RIP Paul & Von
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: 72 F250 XLT Camper Special

Post by Kurt Combs »

I also drive a 72 F-250 to school everyday, but I work at the school. :) I bought it from an acquaintance who learned to drive in the truck many years ago. He had inherited it from his grandfather. I keep fixing things as they wear out, and try to improved others as I have time (and money). I plan to fix up some of the the interior this summer and hope to cut down on the wind noise coming from the doors. It just keeps getting better with time AND it is going up in value instead of down. My wife's cars typically depreciate $3,000 to $4,000 per year and that isn't including repairs. So my advice is to fix what breaks and restore some areas such as upholstery as you have the resources. BTW, what part of Cali are you from? I'm in Lakeport, Lake County.
Kurt
1972 F-250
HDxLoki

Post by HDxLoki »

More engine pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 F250 Ranger XLT Camper Special 390ci Bought Brand new in 1972 and passed down from my Grandpa after he passed
RIP Paul & Von
HDxLoki

Post by HDxLoki »

Kurt Combs wrote:I also drive a 72 F-250 to school everyday, but I work at the school. :) I bought it from an acquaintance who learned to drive in the truck many years ago. He had inherited it from his grandfather. I keep fixing things as they wear out, and try to improved others as I have time (and money). I plan to fix up some of the the interior this summer and hope to cut down on the wind noise coming from the doors. It just keeps getting better with time AND it is going up in value instead of down. My wife's cars typically depreciate $3,000 to $4,000 per year and that isn't including repairs. So my advice is to fix what breaks and restore some areas such as upholstery as you have the resources. BTW, what part of Cali are you from? I'm in Lakeport, Lake County.
Ventura County, This truck was my great grandpa's but when passed away it was handed down to my uncle and my dad. My uncle put tons of work into it also, but then he had no room for it where he lived so I got it! One of my gifts for my 16th birthday was getting the truck registered in my name! One day I hope to pass this on to my kids!
RIP Paul & Von
BudsTruck

Post by BudsTruck »

Awesome! My truck was my grandfathers. It's great driving it and thinking back on the memories. Enjoy it!
rltvader

Post by rltvader »

very cool to see another fellow teenager with an old bump
I got my old 69 when I was 16 also
Let me guess, Its the oldest in the lot?
-Built Ford Tough for a Reason
1969 F100 Red/White LWB (302)
1972 F250 Camper Special Ranger White LWB (FE)
HDxLoki

Post by HDxLoki »

rltvader wrote:very cool to see another fellow teenager with an old bump
I got my old 69 when I was 16 also
Let me guess, Its the oldest in the lot?
No, but one of them! I live in a small country town so classic cars are common out here! My friend has a 1950's Chevy truck and a couple of people have 60's mustangs. But i do have the biggest and most powerful of all the classics there! :D
RIP Paul & Von