does anyone have a drive shaft slip yoke?

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

samericsson67

does anyone have a drive shaft slip yoke?

Post by samericsson67 »

so over the past week now, my dad and i have been redoing our '69 f100's u joints and carrier bearing. but yesterday, while pressing the u-joints, the cap got locked up and then shot into the yoke so hard that it cracked. if anyone out there can help me out with this in any way, i'd really appreciate it. what i need is a 16 spline slip yoke for a '67-'72 truck with a 5.9l V8. i'm not really sure if the trans matters but it has the borg warner t18 4 speed. please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

-sam
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: does anyone have a drive shaft slip yoke?

Post by robroy »

Good day Sam,

I believe you'll probably find a nice used yoke from another forum member. Yet should that not come to pass, here's some info on an alternative.

A few years ago I wanted to adapt my T18 transmission to a 1350-sized universal joint, while installing an upgraded driveshaft in my truck.

A guy named Marcelino (I think) at Inland Empire Driveline (in southern California) made a custom yoke for me! He did it quickly and for a good price (I forget how much), and his product was beautiful. Also, he made it out of forged steel.

If you were to mail your cracked yoke to Inland Empire Driveline, they could fix you up with a replacement.

On the other hand, for all I know, the yoke you're looking for is an OEM part that can be bought new from any driveline shop. Actually, if you're still using the factory universal joint sizes, that's almost a certainty.

Robroy
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Your location is?

Simplest fix will probably be rumaging through your local junk yard engine or driveshaft pile.

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
samericsson67

Post by samericsson67 »

thank you. i'll bring it up with dad. but i believe you about it not being available at any new shops. i've tried 3 and looked on a bunch of online stores. i'd like to make it to a junkyard this weekend but i'm not sure if i'm going to find anything. out here in Pennsylvania things tend to rust fairly quick. but thanks for the help though. i'll be sure to check it out.