360 and 390 for sale

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

360 and 390 for sale

Post by Kurt Combs »

I have a complete 360, from pan to air cleaner, that was running when removed. I thought it had a bad head gasket, but while pulling the engine I discovered that the anti-freeze was actually leaking from a freeze plug. I wouldn't install without rebuilding. Ran good, but used a quart of oil every 400 miles. Comes with a free torque converter, exhaust manifolds, starter, factory air cleaner housing, two barrel carb, etc. $250

I have a 390 out of a 68ish Torino wagon. I bought it to rebuild for my truck and I happened upon a complete truck with a 460 so I no longer have plans for this engine. Has a "S" four barrel intake, front sump oil pan, valve covers and front timing chain cover, maybe a water pump (I don't remember). I bought it at the local wrecking yard a few years back. Opened it up and the timing chain and gears were in pieces. The factory sprockets came apart and it stopped running. $250

Or come get them both for $400 in sunny northern California. PM if interested.
Kurt
1972 F-250
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: 360 and 390 for sale

Post by Kurt Combs »

Sold the 360 today and hopefully recruited a new member for Fordification.com. The 390 is still taking up room in my shop, so come and get it at the low core price of $250!
Kurt
1972 F-250