My '68 is getting a heart transplant

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

My '68 is getting a heart transplant

Post by dbarker »

Well, sort of... it's the original engine, with a little work done.

As it was running with bent rods, burnt valves and oil flooded pistons in Oct. 2010. She was bone stock. We've all got seen this worn out look.

As it sets now, a 1.5 years later. .030 over with comp cam and lifers and edelbrock intake and 4bbl carb. MSD distributor.
Original parts cleaned and painted. New water, fuel and oil pumps. Flowtech (i know craptech) headers.
I retained the original rocker assemblies (rockers included), the original connecting rods, the block, heads, tins, and crank. If it was salvageable it was (with the exception of the cam)

I've dumped a lot of cash into this engine, and traded two wrecked camaros from my pasture for the labor on it.
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: My '68 is getting a heart transplant

Post by Kurt Combs »

Very pretty, you do good work. It will be a great feeling when you get it running again. BTW, where is your crankcase vent?
Kurt
1972 F-250
dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: My '68 is getting a heart transplant

Post by dbarker »

I didn't put it together, but the guy who did has been a perfectionist.

As for the vent system. The factory oil caps are in a box. I need to devise a plan for aftermarket or I may strip and paint the original air cleaner and caps. I feel the aftermarket will look better, but the stock option is still on the table.