Complete Auto Meter Phantom instrument set

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

mac3687

Complete Auto Meter Phantom instrument set

Post by mac3687 »

Hey guys, I just bought a '69 F100 that has a complete Auto Meter Phantom instrument panel set. While it looks killer, I prefer the original cluster, so I'm swapping it out. I'd prefer to do it as a unit rather than part it out, but we'll see what happens. I will go back and take a photo shortly, but off the top of my head it includes: Fuel, Battery, Tach., Speedo, Tranny Temp, Oil Pressure, Vacuum and possibly one more. I'm not sure if they make these in multiple colors or not, but these are white gauges with black letters and orange hands. All work fine, and the odo. only reads 160 miles. Like I mentioned, I'll get pictures asap.

-Mike
Buckethead03

Re: Complete Auto Meter Phantom instrument set

Post by Buckethead03 »

I'm interested. Get me some pics and a price. Thanks
mac3687

Post by mac3687 »

Here are some photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mac3687

Post by mac3687 »

I realize they're not new and in the box, but they are all already mounted in a nice looking frame which also has blinker and brake lights in. New retail for the gauges alone is just over $500, which would leave building the panel plus lights for the brake/blinker up to you. With this the hard part is done, you just bolt it in, how's $525 shipped? Also, you can see the odo. reads 158 miles. So while not new, they're pretty close.
Buckethead03

Post by Buckethead03 »

mac3687 wrote:I realize they're not new and in the box, but they are all already mounted in a nice looking frame which also has blinker and brake lights in. New retail for the gauges alone is just over $500, which would leave building the panel plus lights for the brake/blinker up to you. With this the hard part is done, you just bolt it in, how's $525 shipped? Also, you can see the odo. reads 158 miles. So while not new, they're pretty close.
Thanks for the reply. While the setup looks nice, I'm just not willing to fork out that much money for it. I would have no need for the tranny temp or vacuum gagues either.

Good luck with the sale.
mac3687

Post by mac3687 »

I sold the gauges to a guy who didn't need the bezel. If someone wants it, it's yours for the cost of shipping. It's a hard piece to throw away because I know it could be useful to someone...