Makita drill question

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Makita drill question

Post by averagef250 »

Milwaukee has been total crap since it was bought from Atlas Copco by Techtronic Corp. in 2005 and all production moved to China. Even a new $2500 Milwaukee mag drill is a complete joke.

Kind of hard for me to justify spending a dime on a better cordless drill when the 1/2 dozen old 18V dewalts still do fantastic and were pretty much dirt cheap. I'm sure there are better things, but I don't need better. Those drills lay in coolant, get dropped and generally used every day in my shop for more than a decade. I've never had another cordless tool come close to doing that, but never dumped the bucks for anything better either.

Lots of good tools out there. I agree that Makita makes mostly good stuff, but much of their stuff is not as heavy or geared towards rough service as American made power tools of 30+ years ago. Not like anyone would make stuff like that anymore, point being that there's plenty of good used stuff and the older stuff can be repaired easily if it needs a brush, bearing or switch.

B&D used to be a very good name for industrial power tools.
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70