neutral safety switch is failing

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

neutral safety switch is failing

Post by BigRedTruck »

used to I could start it by going from park to neutral several times...then I started having to adjust the switch to a sort of sweet spot near the center. now that sweet spot is right behind whatever sticks down in front of it..I guess part of the gear indicator...problem is it won't stay there. Its a bit odd to have to open the door just to start it.....I think people believe i'm hot wiring it. what does this sound like? bad wires, bad switch, i'm lost. the good news is that I finally found a job so I can start pouring some actual money into it.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: neutral safety switch is failing

Post by heep70 »

Congrats on the new job. Sounds like switch is going south. When I had my auto years ago , the switch went bad. So I did the shade tree fix and took it out. Then I could start it in any gear. :evil: :eek:
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
DuckRyder

re: neutral safety switch is failing

Post by DuckRyder »

Yep sounds like a bad switch. Any of the usual suspects (mine came from D-C) should have one.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper