My 69 F250 Camper Special

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

Nymuera

My 69 F250 Camper Special

Post by Nymuera »

This is my project for the next year. My grandfather gave me this truck about 10 years ago. I parked it in the machine shed on the family farm until I had the time and funds to start rebuilding it. The truck has the original 360 in it. It's never been rebuilt as far as I know.
As of right now the engine is pulled and is going to be resealed, it was leaking oil from every gasket on the engine. I am putting a four barrel intake and Holley carb on it. Along with some headers into a 3" dual exhaust. I am keeping the original parts incase I want to restore it back to original. The crank needs turned, but other than that the internals are in great shape. I am trying to decide whether to just turn the crank or send it off to a machine shop for a complete rebuild.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kf7mjf
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: My 69 F250 Camper Special

Post by kf7mjf »

Nice looking truck there, good luck with the project!
1967 F-100 Ranger
samericsson67

Post by samericsson67 »

i'll bet it is the original engine. my 69 has the original 360 and she's running like a top. you just can't kill ford motors.
Kurt Combs
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Kurt Combs »

Do the whole engine while you have it apart. If the crank is bad, my guess is that the cam is worn and everything else is showing its age, especially the timing chain. Oh, and the freeze plugs probably need to be replaced. See what I mean, everything has lots of wear and you might as well do it all while it is out and easy to do.
Kurt
1972 F-250