'79 Ford F150

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

Oregon_Redneck

'79 Ford F150

Post by Oregon_Redneck »

So this is my "new" truck. Parts of the bed are pretty rusted and the floorboards are almost rusted out (passenger side is worse). Runs though and I think there's hope for it. It DOES need some work, but don't they all. I paid $500 for it, so figured what the heck. I've wanted a project for awhile. Just hope the rust isn't too much though. The body is pretty much rust free though, which should be a good thing. Just placed some new brake hoses on it but so far, that's the only repair I've done (just bought it 2 weeks ago).

Red
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
samericsson67

Re: '79 Ford F150

Post by samericsson67 »

if you've got rust, there is one cure. if you don't know of it then look up POR15 it kills rust like nothing else. i fixed the floorpans, complete underside, rockers, engine bay rails, parts of my bed, cab corners,etc. this was my 69 f100. it can be a bit pricey but it is the best stuff i have ever used.
Oregon_Redneck

Re: '79 Ford F150

Post by Oregon_Redneck »

samericsson67 wrote:if you've got rust, there is one cure. if you don't know of it then look up POR15 it kills rust like nothing else. i fixed the floorpans, complete underside, rockers, engine bay rails, parts of my bed, cab corners,etc. this was my 69 f100. it can be a bit pricey but it is the best stuff i have ever used.

Thanks. I'll look it up and probably give it a try.