Fun Ford Weekend-Gateway

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

chad67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Fun Ford Weekend-Gateway

Post by chad67 »

Just saw that Fun Ford Weekend is gonna be at Gateway July 19-21. Anybody going? Last year I took my wife there for our Anniversary. I left with a huge smile from all the Blue Oval "music". Funny story about that weekend.....as I walked up to the ticket booth, a piece of the booth-a solid aluminum bar about 2 inches square and 4 foot long-fell off and hit me square in the head. The security team at the front gate and the people in the booth saw it hit me and froze. I just pulled out my wallet and held out my money to pay. The guy in the booth just started repeating, "sir, are you OK?" As I was telling him that I just wanted to go inside, the security guard came over and told me that he had called an ambulance. I told him I was OK, too. They made me wait until they came and checked me out. I was bleeding a little and had a goose egg, but all I could think of was the cars I could hear going down the drag strip. They finally let me in, but their mouths were still gaping open as I walked away.
1967 F100 SWB
1991 Thunderbird 5.0 with fully ported gt40 heads, cobra intake (also ported) and a trickflow stage 2 cam, manual steering, and custom 3" exhaust
nmills12

Re: Fun Ford Weekend-Gateway

Post by nmills12 »

Is that in Gateway, CO? I grew up in that area and my family homesteaded there. I have a 1967 F100 2wd I would like to fully restore and have it in shows someday.
chad67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by chad67 »

No, sorry. I was talking about Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, IL-just across the river from St. Louis. I guess I was kind of a schmuck by assuming that people who don't live near STL knew what I was talking about.
1967 F100 SWB
1991 Thunderbird 5.0 with fully ported gt40 heads, cobra intake (also ported) and a trickflow stage 2 cam, manual steering, and custom 3" exhaust
nmills12

Post by nmills12 »

No problem just was curious