69 front axle leaks pas side and grenaded ujoint d.s. &tc?

Questions about 4WDs and related topics

Moderators: FORDification, Doug Comer

lee78newconverttothefordway

69 front axle leaks pas side and grenaded ujoint d.s. &tc?

Post by lee78newconverttothefordway »

Which stock... IE. Unmodified to fit .. axles can I replace my front axle in my 69 f100 with?
I hope to find a 3/4 ton set to bolt up under the truck.. but if I can't now then it is what it is. But what years, models, or vehicles can I look for to get a donor front end at least if not a full set that will bolt in? And looking down the road ... But what mods would I have to do to switch out my T case that only has 2wd-n-4wd for either one with 4hi and 4lo or possible the 2hi 2lo 4hi 4lo tcase? I have a manual four speed... Are they all direct swaps or fabrication projects?
mybros71
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: 69 front axle leaks pas side and grenaded ujoint d.s. &tc?

Post by mybros71 »

I think you'll find very few direct bolt-in axle, transfer case upgrades. That being said, individuals have been doing thes swaps for decades and there are many resources on the web for guidance.

The first thing you need to decide is what your intended use will be. That way you won't be bouncing back and forth and potentially wasting time and money.
2006 Mustang GT (Wife's)
1962 Comet Custom (Wife's)
1971 F100 2wd Prerunner Project (Daughter's)
1971 F250 4wd "The Beast" (Son's)
2007 Toyota Tundra 4wd. (Credit Union's)
Seriously, the best truck I've ever owned, without exception.
lee78newconverttothefordway

Post by lee78newconverttothefordway »

Thank you for replying. Eventually what I would prefer to do for this truck is convert it to an F250 and restore it to happier days then bump the motor up a tad for off-road play and some towing. Lift it enough for 12.5 x35's full exhuast 3" rear corners 45degrees down and outs 1/2" below the bumper at both corners.. black or deep blue exterior fresh stock interior.. and then use it as my daily . Or build my idea of what with today's parts and materials available, what I think they would have built for a ford super duty F-350 if there was one... Still about the same externally as above but the interior would be more custom and attempt a nice f.I. system.. disk brakes at all corners..

But for right now... I'm broke.. pretty much homeless and such... So the axle I think might just get another f100 if i can find one... But I'm hoping that while snooping the net and wrecking yards, if I knew what I was looking for that I could get lucky on a deal that would get me the stronger running gear that will fit without too much cost for fab work or parts to fit. So I'm hoping to be ready and not miss it due to lack in knowledge . May have even found such... Its a mid 70's f250 no engine decent body.. (wish it was a bumpside) auto 4x4 I'm waiting to hear back.. but may get it at near free cause he wants his yard space.. just wasn't sure how much mod. Work would require to fit... Or too much to afford the expense if any?. I know there's some work on the brakes.. my truck having drums and this one running disks front
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

If you're into 4 wheeling, check out Ryan's killer truck (Awesome build Ryan! :thup: ) http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=1095
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.