Another Speaker Post

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

you could put them under the dash facing down. screwed to the front edge of the underside lip for small 4" type speakers. and maybe up behind you and run the wire either thru the headliner door post area or up through the seat belt plug and the carpet turnbar at the door.
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Another Speaker Post

Post by trukcrazy »

I still haven't installed this, but I am supposed to work on my truck when I go home in Feb. Famous last words I know. I looked at them last time I was home and I don't know how well they will install, but it can used as an idea to make a similar overhead setup. I will post a piece on it after I see whether it is worthwhile or not. :lol:
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

how you thought about refabing the door panels. i think thats what ill do when i get ready to install speakers.
steve
Life is 90% how you take it10% what you make it
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

My truck had some speaker boxes 3" speakers with 6"x4" Box about 2" deep. Just under the dash. Thought they was stupid.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
72f100

Post by 72f100 »

I actually kind of like this idea.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... 92/c-10101

I know trukcrazy plans to do it, but has anyone else here done this?
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Here's a couple of other locations for your speakers: Kick panel and side of cab.
jor
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Those look pretty shap there Jor. I put m 6x9 3 ways in the door pannels on my 72
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
bigwhiteford

Post by bigwhiteford »

while at the junk yard yesterday, I found one under seat speaker on a 70 F-100. It was right there on the side of the seat at that little hump, screwed down. Think right after the seat lever and before the dual tank switch area. Unfortunately there was only one, and it was pretty waterlogged.
Proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

if a person could get computer speakers with the volume control on them and to run on dc you could put them in the same place on your truck. or even something like computer speakers. something small like that.
oldfordnut

Post by oldfordnut »

well there is one more option one of my freinds bought me a set of bucket seats from a pontiac fiero and it has 2 tweeters in each seat like in the headrest u kno and i put some new tweeters in and it seems like it is gonna sound real nice
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

I put mine in the headliner. They sound great!! And the don't look bad either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

No that aint half bad at all. I was wondering how to do it in mine.Irealy hat cutting up original stuff but they give us so little choice.

And even though they look custom and i have had a lot of nods for it i don't think i'd do the van front amber markers on the fenders again.
fuelly.com
72f100

Post by 72f100 »

Looks good, Heavenlyfire. How exactly did you do it?
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

I just pulled the headliner out and made sure of where I wanted them. You know measure twice cut once lol . The wiring is simple, you can just run it down the inside of the windshield frame post to the inside of the door. From there, there are holes already for the current wiring.
72f100

Post by 72f100 »

A couple more questions. What did you use to cut the holes, and how much clearance is there between the headliner and the roof?