Door strikers

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Lowell

Door strikers

Post by Lowell »

I seemed to have misplaced 2 sets of door strikers while in the process of rebuilding some trucks. I can source some from other trucks or buy them from LMC, but does anyone know of other sources or alternatives that fit our trucks? I wouldn't mind finding something a little nicer to dress them up a bit.
dave1972

Re: Door strikers

Post by dave1972 »

Depends on what your after. LMC has the closest look to factory with the yellow oxide finish. Although...I do NOT know the quality. LMC is known for the highest quality finishes. I chose to use them because of the yellow oxide finish and the 12 point head. They look great if your after a factory look. My pickup is still in the shop in restoration so I can't speak to wear and tear or rusting through the finish...etc. I do not know if there are other options like billet or anything. The striker posts off 73-79 dents will probably work but I think they use an Allen head or torx. Good luck
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

Sorry I meant LMC is not known for highest quality finishes.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

I'm glad you brought this up. During my build I have searched for and found almost everything I've needed. If I couldn't find the part, I was able to sub something, if I knew the specs. Never gave the door latch striker a second thought. Now that I'm trying to help you find one I'm discovering that information is sorely lacking. I can't seem to find any information regarding our specific application or the specs of the bolt threads and striker length. Summit Racing carries a variety of striker bolts in multiple finishes, including stainless and polished. I hope I can find my old ones when I get ready to reassemble my doors! If you can figure out that they have one to match ours, please post it up. This is the closest I could find that might work. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb- ... plications
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.