Clutch instpection cover and front cab mount cover plate

Moderator: FORDification

JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Clutch instpection cover and front cab mount cover plate

Post by JoshT »

I have a 68 with 390 FE and NP435 with Dana 20. I'm missing the inspection plate that bolts to the bell housing and transmission and covers the bottom of the clutch and flywheel. Need plate and hardware if available.

Also need the plate that covers the access hole on the driverside front cab mount. Existing cab mounts are decent and I'd like to keep them that way, so want to get it covered up before it hits the road.

I'm in middle Georgia and will pick up if local, but won't mind paying reasonable shipping if not.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Clutch instpection cover and front cab mount cover plate

Post by JoshT »

Just wanted to follow up on this. I have found out that all FE manual transmission bellhousings use the same clutch inspecton cover. These covers are reproduced and available new online, from various Mustang and Cougar related sources.

I was also very surprised to find that the access cover for the cab mount is also available new.

At less than $70 shipped for both, I think I'm better off just ordering the new reproduction pieces. If anyone else comes across this thread and needs these pieces as well, I found both at NPD.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body