Hello from Germany

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

timachone

Hello from Germany

Post by timachone »

Hi guys,

I am Tim from Southern Germany and I am the new owner from this 1970 F-250 Sport Custom in Reef Aqua with the original 360, a C6 (has to be overhauled) and not that much more :wink:

It was a mostly Arizona car, a shop truck and came this year to Germany. More about the history other than the few previous words I do not know. The previous first german owner had not much time to it so I went by to buy it. Luckily he did not destroy the original structure of the truck other than some electrical tweaks which I could bring back to original condition. It is in good company with my old Mach 1 and it is thought as my wifes business car for her small business like people photography in the studio or at parties/events along with some other event services.

We with our children like the truck very much - color, condition, price and prep for state approval was the go to buy. It is a very solid truck with only minor rust somewhere on the radiator support, a nice shiny older repaint without bondo, therefore some traces of usage here and there and all in all complete and original. It will get now the love he has obvously missed the last years, some new parts and an overall big service with new liquids, gaskets and seals step by step. So there will be enough questions to you I think :wink:

Experienced from the complete restoration from my 1973 Mach 1 I have a bit knowledge about that old Ford cars so I think with a little help from you guys I will manage that task good enough and am happy to belonging to the community now. I already have bought a Marti report, the original operators manual, the Ford truck brochure from 1970, the Facts Book and the Shop Manuals from 1970.

First I have to remove the C6 transmission after Christmas and let it be overhauled by a pro so we could drive it at ease :wink:

Cheers,

Tim
Tim :drive:

1970 Ford F250 360 FE 2V C6
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351C 4V 4-speed
2012 Ford S-Max 2.0 EB AT
2017 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo MT
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by basketcase0302 »

:wel:
And congrats on the truck Tim!
I got to see some beautiful country while visiting Germany in the USN.
Don't let the Autobahn get the best of that truck LOL!
And maybe consider ordering a shift kit or at least a heavy duty torque converter, (supply these to your transmission mechanic to save some money and gain strength for the C-6). Love my "slushboxes". :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Welcome aboard. Great looking truck.
:wel:
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

:wel: from California! Beautiful truck! I'm looking forward to seeing more of her here! :fr:
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

:wel: from Georgia! Beautiful truck. We have another member in Germany, not sure exactly where though. Here's one of his threads http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =3&t=54384 He has some contact links in his profile. You may find out you're neighbors!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Tim :wel: to the best site period. :fr:

Hope :pray: you like it here. :fr:

:drive: Pull up a chair and stay awhile. :fr:

Congratulations on such a good looking truck.

Merry Christmas.
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts. Nice truck.
timachone

Post by timachone »

Thank you guys for the warm :wel: :clap: and the kind words about my truck. Yeah, I love it!

I am happy to join the Ford F-community and to have the luck to call such a beautiful truck my own! Gets me a smile I ever see him/her (which now is the right term :? ) in the garage!

I am sure I will have some questions but perhaps I could contribute to the community by my own by the time. As I have a restoration thread here

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-tim ... ild-thread

I could make one here for some light works on the truck I have to do, too, if you like.

Such a welcome for the first time rocks so I have no doubt :fr:

There is some good information here, I've been learning much from you guys. I have seldom seen such a good site with such healthy informations!

@basketcase0302
Thanks. Yes, Germany has some beautiful spots. I am in the Black Forest, so there are some nice views there :wink: And no, the German Autobahn will not be the trucks main territory - he will used species-appropriate on the country :thup:
By the way: do you suggest a new heavy duty torque converter over the original one? The C6 will get a heavy duty overhaul kit for the inserts of the transmission but otherwise none over there. I don't will make it a race truck, only shifting smooth and correctly...

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year! Enjoy the time with your family (as I do :thup: )

Tim
Tim :drive:

1970 Ford F250 360 FE 2V C6
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351C 4V 4-speed
2012 Ford S-Max 2.0 EB AT
2017 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo MT