New member from NJ

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Shelmalier

New member from NJ

Post by Shelmalier »

Hey y'all. New owner of a '68 F100, 300 inline 6, with a borg-warner 4 speed. The body is a kinda rough but no major rot. I've got the pictures up on my profile.

I can say in the month I've owned this truck, I've learned almost everything I know from this site, so I'd like to start off by saying thanks to everyone who's contributed or thrown their two cents in. In my case particularly, this is a direct example of passing it on to the next generation.

So far I've replaced the leaking in-cab fuel tank with one from LMC, and repaired the sending unit. In the next week I'm going to rip out the carpet since it's been soaking up had for who knows how many years and replace it with one I ordered from stockinteriors.com, if anyone curious I'll let you know how that goes. I also want to do the front coil springs and all the shocks next, I'm all ears of anyone's got any recommendations.

Also, if anyone's in the area, I could sure use any recommendations on someone in NJ who does body restorations.

Thanks again all
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: New member from NJ

Post by popeyes71 »

:wel: from California! Hope to see progress of your truck! :fr:
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Just put in a carpet from Stock Interiors in mine. Molded carpet, fit well. I thought the price was reasonable.
I was happy with it, and I noticed the cab was much quieter. :thup:
Shelmalier

Post by Shelmalier »

I'm glad to hear that, did you get it with the mass backing or just standard backing?
Twisted_Steel

Post by Twisted_Steel »

:wel: From North Carolina
Best of luck on your build!