Ranger seat cover

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

dtcohen

Ranger seat cover

Post by dtcohen »

Hi,

The seat in my 68 F100 Ranger currently has a slick black vinyl cover on it that is like sitting on a greased pig. My passengers slide all over the place. I would like to get a replacement that is like the original. The trim code on my truck is "N81", which according to the Marti report means "Red vinyl Ranger bench seat / Coventional". The paint code is "J" for Rangoon Red.

On the CJ Pony parts website they list a "Firethorne with Currant inserts" and a "Maroon with Currant inserts". Anybody have an idea which would be closer to original for my truck?

Also, It seems like the ranger seat had emblems in the back part of the seat. Does anybody have a closeup of those emblems? My guess is they do not come with the new seat cover.

V/https://www.cjponyparts.com/bench-seat- ... p/U2201-V/
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Ranger seat cover

Post by jzjames »

I’d bet it’s the Firethorn. A bright red.
And they will probably send a sample of the color to you if you ask for one.
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

In regards to the emblems on the seats for the Ranger bench seat, they are called seat buttons. NPD has some listed under their mustang on line catalog. They are made by the Scott Drake company. I am not sure if they are the same as the buttons used on the Ranger bench seats? But they have the 1967 and 1968 Mustang seat buttons for sale. You would need the backing plates that go on the inside of the seat cover and they have sets that have everything you need to put them on your new seat cover. They are listed under the interior, then upholstery. The Ranger seat covers I bought from Mac's did not have the buttons. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the Ranger seat covers for 1968 can give you more info on this.

FYI
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
CH3NO2

Post by CH3NO2 »

I sent a set of original seat buttons to a forum member in Cal. years ago. Some how Keith ( the owner of this forum) got them. If you send him a message he can probally send you a pic.
dtcohen

Post by dtcohen »

CH3NO2 wrote:I sent a set of original seat buttons to a forum member in Cal. years ago. Some how Keith ( the owner of this forum) got them. If you send him a message he can probally send you a pic.
What is his username?
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

If you go to the top of this page you will see Moderator: Fordification with Fordification in red. Click on Fordification and you can send him a PM (private message). Ask him to post a picture so we can all see it.

Regards
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
1968f250429

Post by 1968f250429 »

Heres a picture of the seat emblems, not sure if I'm going to use them on the bucket seats or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.