Recommendations On Where To Purchased Rubber Products

Moderator: FORDification

hardinusmc

Recommendations On Where To Purchased Rubber Products

Post by hardinusmc »

I'm at the point on my current project where is need to get radiator mount and body bushings as well as grommets and firewall plugs and eventually door rubber. Without bad-mouthing any particular "catalog vendor"...is there a BETTER place to get these DIRECT from a manufacturer?
I've had some bad luck with these things in the past.
Major Dick Hardin, USMC Ret
1968 ShortBed 300cid/C6, 1972 ShortBed CVPI, and a herd of parts trucks.
The Bandit

Re: Recommendations On Where To Purchased Rubber Products

Post by The Bandit »

For my 72 I've gotten all my rubber products from Dennis Carpenters so far. The other place I've heard that has them is Steele Rubber Products but they didnt have anything in stock when I spoke to them about my truck.
It may be worth noting that most of the glass guys around here will not install a windshield or back glass with anything other than a seal from DC.
Good luck!

Chris
"Don't believe everything you see and read on the internet." Abe Lincoln
1972 F100 custom SWB 302/C4 Auto PS No AC Wimbledon white and rusty..
jingo

Re: Recommendations On Where To Purchased Rubber Products

Post by jingo »

I just installed windshield and rear window gaskets with the original stainless trim. Two glass installers showed up and then refused the job. The only glass guy in my area that would touch it quoted 2 guys for 3 hours labor on the windshield alone! The reason given was the difficulty of getting the job done properly with after-market gaskets.

I got the gaskets from DC. The installers said they were the best quality they'd ever worked with. They had both pieces of glass done in just over an hour total and they look great. You'll probably pay a little bit more with DC, but you get what you pay for. I've bought from other suppliers and, in some cases, their goods came in a DC package with their label pasted over the DC label. Funny :D Also got my door fuzzy and channel rubber from DC, fit like a glove.
rear glass.jpg
Windsheild.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 Ranger Styleside, LWB, Harbor Blue
416, C6, man brakes & steering