My Project revived

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Nickabocker

My Project revived

Post by Nickabocker »

I want to start off by saying thanks to everyone on this forum and on the facebook page for all your help. I thought about bring my post from 2006 back to the top but decided to instead start fresh. As you may or may not know I have a 1967 Ford F100 that to make a long story short has been in the family since that time.

I parked this truck back in 2006 after rebuilding the motor due to me chasing a brake problem around and around the truck. I finally said once i had the time I would start from the ground up and complete the brakes and body at the same time. Needless to say I am finally starting this again and below is a link to some photos i have taken recently. The seat is currently being worked on so I have some time to get the body work completed :-). I've got everything for a PS install and repair the cab to proper working order.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8jGFbJU6jC7N7jEo8
Nickabocker

Re: My Project revived

Post by Nickabocker »

for some reason my entire post didn't copy from my microsoft word completely. Here is a list of things I plan to complete

1. Install power steering
2. New radiator as the old one had a nice gouge developed over the last 13 years from something
3. BRAKES!!!! I have all new hardware to get this completed
4. New cab mounts are a must as I don't think a cheese grater is going to hold me to the frame very well
5 New cab and radiator mounts (the rubber parts)
6. New I beam, radius arm bushings as the leaf springs seam very solid
7. Paint the frame entirely in some product similar to POR 15 (I thought about powder coating but due to the maintenance if chipped I decided against it)
8. New floor pan drivers side and patch passenger side upper
9. Patch the three holes (two man made) in bed
10. Install new Dakota VHX cluster

So there it is my top ten things I am doing to get the truck on the road again :yt:
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

Stopped at a u-pull today to see about a radiator support, front fenders, and inner fenders this afternoon. ended up picking up a passenger fender and radiator support off a 71 f100, followed by the drivers and both inner fenders of a 70 custom f100. The fenders are pretty strait and both have a dent in the lower rear of the wheel well area. The inner fenders are in great shape (as are the hood supports) with the worst part being where it attaches to the radiator support and to me that's fixable compared to my others.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2QuoQruYbEKbKHMX6
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Great find! Rare to find inner fenders in good shape or any bumpsides in a junk yard around here.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

sargentrs wrote:Great find! Rare to find inner fenders in good shape or any bumpsides in a junk yard around here.

Around here its getting pretty hard to find them as well. Most that end up at a pick apart yard were picked before they were sent in. As i was removing the parts I think someone had tried to remove the panels before but either a clip broke or , in the case of the radiator support, a clip broke and the bumper was kinked inwards making it extremely hard to wiggle a bolt loose or lift it straight up. I ended up spending only an hour stripping all the parts because someone had removed most of the bolts for me :thup:
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Great to see you back on the project.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Nickabocker, It is good to see you are back on here and getting things done to your truck.

These old bumps sure do reward us for all the work we do on them when we finish. :fr:
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

Have a wedding this weekend so the truck won't see much love from me till sunday. Somehow, probably because i won't stop talking, my wife has let me work most of the week on the truck after I got home from work. She even went to the shop last night and helped me loosen the cab from the frame. Which to say wasn't very hard considering the front mounts were only attached by a very thing swiss cheese looking piece of metal. The perks of working at a car dealership is I can use most of the big boy toys 8) Made lifting the cab super easy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zHJepXFs8juPoLXN6

I lifted the cab and scotted the frame forward and for now have set the cab back down on the frame . As i continue to strip the frame down to be cleaned and painted. Before you ask why no powder coating I decided against it due to maintenance involved if it develops any chips and since I'm doing this restore to drive the truck and use the truck I wanted an easy touch up process.

I have to get a couple more photos of the underside of the cab but man the cab is going to test me and I even went home thinking maybe I should just find a less rusty cab and swap it out.

Nick
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

some additional photos of under the cab

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7WpNKfSTspfE1Tpe6
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

Wasn't time to do to much this weekend with a family members wedding and all but I did get the engine pulled and frame a little more cleaned up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

I'm trying to stay motivated on this project so as you can see I am working nearly every night on some portion of the truck. Took off the manual steering box last night as well as the drivers side engine mount to prep for finish painting the frame with chassis saver. Once done I decided I wanted to see the new front shocks on the truck and man what a difference in the stance of the frame currently. Tonight I'm going to swap the front coils out for my replacements as well as the I-beam and radius bushings I believe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

some more photos
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Great progress! 8)
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »

Took off the radius arms and i-beams to replace bushings. While I was in there I switched my springs out as well.
Nickabocker

Post by Nickabocker »