Door Panels

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Door Panels

Post by wildcard »

According to my build sheet the body is white and interior WAS blue. But one door panel is brown and one is green. So what color should they be ?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

they should match the color of the dash to be original if thats the look you want. or if you want to go custom then you can paint them any color you want.
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

Thanks fordman. I"ll probably go back to blue then to help break up the white.
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Pink, yellow, or even green with purple polka dots lol. Sorry, couldn't resist, my truck is the same way. Is your dash light or dark blue? Mine is white but the reason I ask is that I have a dark blue ashtray and glove box door in mine. If you need them let me know. I would be willing to part with them (would make me get the right ones lol ).
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Door Panels

Post by Joe Kriston »

John,you can still get cans of Wimbledon white at Checker auto :wink: ...I think Fordman is talking about the dashpad matching the door panels...Although my door panels are brown and my dashpad is black...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

Thanks John, the dashpad is dark blue. But the dash itself is white. I'm afraid the ashtray and glove box door would stand out like the purple polka dots :lol: I'm going to replace or cover the pad but wanted to try to stay close to original in case I decide to go that way later.
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

The build sheet only said White, would that be the same as Wimbledon White?