Window Sweep / Anti Rattle Confusion

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Zebra312

Post by Zebra312 »

Well, everything was going well until I got to the point where I was installing the horizontal anti rattle felts. I am completely confused as to how they interface with the rear vertical run felts. Do the upright portion of the Rattle Strips go inside the felt portion of the vertical run, or do they go on the outside of the rubber portion in between the run and the door frame? Neither way seems to work right, and I destroyed all four Rattle Strips in the process...I have attached photos of the Rattle Strip and Run Felt in both positions...

Since I have to buy a new set anyway, is there a better set than the standard OEM style felt inner and outer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zebra312

Post by Zebra312 »

IMG_20200215_140626.jpg
Well, everything was going well until I got to the point where I was installing the horizontal anti rattle felts. I am completely confused as to how they interface with the rear vertical run felts. Do the upright portion of the Rattle Strips go inside the felt portion of the vertical run, or do they go on the outside of the rubber portion in between the run and the door frame? Neither way seems to work right, and I destroyed all four Rattle Strips in the process...I have attached photos of the Rattle Strip and Run Felt in both positions...

Since I have to buy a new set anyway, is there a better set than the standard OEM style felt inner and outer?

Rattle Strip inside the felt.
IMG_20200215_140626.jpg

Rattle Strip outside the Felt
IMG_20200215_140649.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zebra312

Window Sweep Confusion...

Post by Zebra312 »

tdsmoonchild

Re: Window Sweep / Anti Rattle Confusion

Post by tdsmoonchild »

I had the same problem. I put them in the center, but they do not look like they should be there. Wish someone could chime in with some advice...
1browski

Post by 1browski »

I dont know if they are very similar or not but I had this video saved on desk top for this purpose.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUUGMEOVfmA[/video]
1browski

Post by 1browski »

The Bandit

Post by The Bandit »

When I replaced mine I just copied how they were done originally by the factory. I'll see if I still have the picture of them before I replaced them Later on today.
"Don't believe everything you see and read on the internet." Abe Lincoln
1972 F100 custom SWB 302/C4 Auto PS No AC Wimbledon white and rusty..
FloridaFordGuy

Post by FloridaFordGuy »

I had this exact same problem this weekend. Fortunately, I kept the old ones that I pulled off the doors a couple years ago, and I can confirm that the new fuzzies I got from Precision are identical to the old ones. I tried putting the hook end under the channel molding (which kind of makes sense because if it was on the outside, it would just be out there where it could break or bend), but then that made the channel so tight that, when I hooked up the regulator and started cranking the window down, the glass separated from the window lift channel! Not recommended :(

My truck will never see a car show, so I'm going to get the fuzzies lined up as close as possible to the channel moldings, then I'm going to trim them down. I know that's not a solution, but then again, maybe it is.