door glass weather stripping

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

67 short box

door glass weather stripping

Post by 67 short box »

anyone know if the door glass weather stripping interchanges for all years? wanting to change to rubber instead of the fuzzy ones for maybe a better seal. thanks...
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: door glass weather stripping

Post by 390FE1972 »

Here is a good thread on the subject, I bought mind from NPD and they had Presision brand and they were good quality. My truck is a 1972 and it takes the rubber anti-rattlers, so no issue there. I assume from your name your truck is a 1967. From what I have read, some people have had issues with using the rubber vs. the felt, the holes didn't line up, maybe it has to do with whom you get them from?

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =7&t=69515

Here is some info from keith, it contains some info on removing the "fuzzies": http://www.fordification.com/tech/doors01.htm

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

The hole locations for the clips were different from the factory - ran into that problem when I had to replace the drivers door on my '68 and got a door off a '71 and nothing lined up.....ended up pulling the clips off and used 3M black adhesive to make them work so both sides ofthe truck would match........
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
67 short box

Post by 67 short box »

yes, 67. I guess what I have is ok, bought new from lmc. water pours in big time, but I really don't think they are designed to keep out water. thought maybe the rubber ones would help. water drains out fine, but not sure how rigs with door speakers get by with it.
ohiotinkerer, did you figure out your led turn signal problem?
thanks
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

67 short box wrote:yes, 67. I guess what I have is ok, bought new from lmc. water pours in big time, but I really don't think they are designed to keep out water. thought maybe the rubber ones would help. water drains out fine, but not sure how rigs with door speakers get by with it.
ohiotinkerer, did you figure out your led turn signal problem?
thanks
I haven't had any problems with my speakers getting wet........yet.......and been thru a couple really good downpours - got mine from DC so I don't know if LMC gets theirs from him or not but past experience has me going with Carpenter stuff..........nothing on the signals yet - still too cold with no garage and going on week 9 without my meds and still fighting with this effing insurance.......... :cuss:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR