C6 transmission line recommendation

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

mnlamont

C6 transmission line recommendation

Post by mnlamont »

Hey everyone, I really appreciate your help with this. I just rebuilt my automatic 2wd C6 for a 1970 F250. I bought a stacked plate transmission cooler, and my plan is to run my transmission lines through the radiator first and then through the cooler and then back to the trans. I will also be running a filter, and potentially putting in a temperature gauge. I will also be flushing the cooler in the radiator prior to installation. My question is, what are your recommendations regarding The actual transmission line. I could buy new, pre-bent ones, versus just getting the 5/16 tubing and bending/flaring it myself, versus putting in braided hose, which seems like it would be the easiest option. Also, if I do end up doing the braided hose, any recommendations on the best way to do the fittings? Thanks again for everyone’s help!
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: C6 transmission line recommendation

Post by basketcase0302 »

"mnlamont"]Hey everyone, I really appreciate your help with this. I just rebuilt my automatic 2wd C6 for a 1970 F250. I bought a stacked plate transmission cooler, and my plan is to run my transmission lines through the radiator first and then through the cooler and then back to the trans. I will also be running a filter, and potentially putting in a temperature gauge. I will also be flushing the cooler in the radiator prior to installation. My question is, what are your recommendations regarding The actual transmission line. I could buy new, pre-bent ones, versus just getting the 5/16 tubing and bending/flaring it myself, versus putting in braided hose, which seems like it would be the easiest option. Also, if I do end up doing the braided hose, any recommendations on the best way to do the fittings? Thanks again for everyone’s help!
You can buy adapters to change the usually NPT/AN fittings on the braided to the SAE flare fittings used on our tranny lines, (but the radiator should be a NPT fitting once you pul;l the fitting out of it. I bought / flared and ran new steel 5/16" when i did my C-6 rebuild. :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4