If she ever found out

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Jsimon

If she ever found out

Post by Jsimon »

Just like to know what other guys purchase that they try and hide from thier wives. I'll start with this...
20210111_163849_compress45.jpg
A "new" grill for my 72 that she'll never know wasn't on there already.
Make me feel like I'm not alone, your secrets are safe here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 f250 4x4 390 4speed
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: If she ever found out

Post by fastEdsel »

Depending on the size of your property, if I feel I have to hide anything I hide it in plain sight. FE engine blocks on pallets in my machine shed, an 8 foot bright red road ranger topper for a long wheel base pickup, a riding lawnmower, stuff like that. But other things I place in unused truck boxes on top of a 4 wheel hay trailer. "Outta sight, outta mind" and being as she is vertically challenged she has no interest in looking into the bumpside box 5 feet off the ground. The trunk of my '59 Edsel holds a lot of goodies or my friends '72 K5 Chevy Blazer that I am storing under cover in the same machine shed also holds many small items I may need for my '56 Chev 3 ton restoration, glove box, rubber isolaters, boxes of weather stripping, things like that. I guess from the picture you posted your grille is for a '69 there fore if your restoration is in fact a '72 you will find extra lighting wires for signal/sidelights. Great topic! :thup:
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

she don't wanna know... :lol:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
two-bit
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by two-bit »

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. or something like that ?
Since my house has two garages. Think "his and hers". I have all kinds of things she does not know about.
She threatens me that if i die early, she is gonna call the auctioneer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two-bit
Living life full throttle on the North Coast of America!!!

72' F-350, DRW, 360, NP435, Dana 70, 159" WB, P.S., P.B., 12' flatbed, 10,000 GVW.
Jsimon

Post by Jsimon »

I have my own form of money laundering for married guys. I'll buy something at lowes I dont need then return it because they give you cash.
1972 f250 4x4 390 4speed
two-bit
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by two-bit »

Jsimon wrote:I have my own form of money laundering for married guys. I'll buy something at lowes I dont need then return it because they give you cash.
NICE !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Living life full throttle on the North Coast of America!!!

72' F-350, DRW, 360, NP435, Dana 70, 159" WB, P.S., P.B., 12' flatbed, 10,000 GVW.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

The owner of the local train store has this cartoon on his wall:
Train store cartoon2.jpg
I found this one myself:
Your train order2.jpg
One of the guys on a forum I belong to said his train store owner often asks, as he holds the receipt, "Do you want the evidence?" :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

I have the exception to the rule with my wife........she doesn't say one word about anything I buy for my projects! Ever since we were first together and I bought a 1967 Impala and she followed me home after I picked it up and she saw all the things wrong with it and that it quit running twice.....9 months later I drove it 1500 miles cross country and since that she hasn't said one word..... :D ...........and she looks at it as since I work and she doesn't I should be able to do some things I want to do........ :wink:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR