67 F250 4x2 Disassembly Complete; Moving Forward

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

OneLeggedBiker

67 F250 4x2 Disassembly Complete; Moving Forward

Post by OneLeggedBiker »

Well, the day has finally come... the 1967 F250 disassembly is done!!! Now I can move on to the next part of the project which is cleaning up the frame, using Corroseal to stop any corrosion, painting the frame, and replacing all worn out pieces and parts which is most of the bushings. The truck is going to be on the road this spring! Now, I don't wanna jinx anything but that will be a full frame job in 1 year and 4 months. Not bad for this old guy. And, my wife should acknowledge my amazing ability to store and index my parts, not one went in the house. :rock: 8)

http://imgur.com/a/ybvVxIb

Backstory and why I've come this far...

The original owner was 85 years old, his mind is slipping, and his kids want him liquidating assets. Let's just say he priced the truck to not sell. He bought the truck new in '67 after trading in his Falcon for $211 and some change. It was listed for sale for 5 weeks before I even called. I knew the price was high on it but I figured I'd give it a good once over. After seeing the truck and not going classic truck blind, especially with immaculate interior, I declined to make an offer. Although a nice truck the work it needed was more than most would choose to deal with. All the bushings and rubber were dry rot and the motor was just leaking like a stuck pig. The guy said, "Well what are you going to do with it if you could make an offer?" I said I was going to fix it up and use it as my shop truck for my business and drive it everyday. "You're not going to flip it?" I responded with a, "No sir." He then asked, "So, you gave it a better look over than most people... what's your offer?" I made a fair offer, but definitely well under his initial price. I told him the offer stood for a two weeks and if he contacted me I'd bring the cash and we could do the title. Before my ass hit the seat to drive home he was in my window, "You got a deal. But, only cause you're not going to flip it." A handshake and my word that I'd return the next business day with cash, etc. I'm a firm believer in ALL I have is my name and a handshake, so I better not ruin either.
Last edited by DuckRyder on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed IMG tags
Dru Furan
A one legged biker always wandering in an attempt to become lost... a rambler. One of the the last true pursuers of our unalienable rights.

1967 F250 2wd - Cast Stamp '72 302, Dana #60, 4 on the floor
Fordkid68
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: 67 F250 4x2 Disassembly Complete; Moving Forward

Post by Fordkid68 »

Cool! keep us posted.
Adam

My first truck,
1968 F100 lwb 2wd soon to have a 351w, 5-speed
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15#p771357
^^Build Thread^^
04 Subaru Outback (daily driver), with a 2.5l boxer H4
(no other projects, YET!)
"Might be crazy but I ain't dumb"!
LeoZelig

Post by LeoZelig »

Hey Dru, that's a really cool story of how your bump came home to you! Thanks for sharing it!

Please keep us posted on the progress and lessons learned as you go along. That's an amazing journey you're on. :clap:

Good luck!
-------
Chris
Project Thread: http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=96617
1969 F100 - Roy
SWB
3-on-the-floor and I hope to return it to 3-on-the-tree
49k on odometer... actual? Anyone's guess :)
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Any further updates?
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs