1972 F100 OEM Exhaust Help!

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Jzbochat

1972 F100 OEM Exhaust Help!

Post by Jzbochat »

Howdy,

A couple of months back I had some new exhaust welded up on my '72 F100. I'm running Patriot 2.5" long tube headers with 2.5" exhaust out the back in a true dual exhaust fashion exiting behind the back tires at a 45 degree. The mufflers I chose are Dynamax Ultra Flo mufflers offset to offset, I know none of this is factory correct. I am disappointed with the sound. I am looking for the stock FoMoCo style of muffler they used back in '72. Is it a "turbo style" muffler or is it a large "round" muffler, if so, what dimensions am I looking at? My best friend's father has a '77 F250 with a 400 and stock exhaust and it's got a low rumble that's nice and quiet. Unfortunately he Cummins swapped it and replaced the exhaust before I could get a good look at it. I would like to replicate this if anyone's got an answer it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jackson
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 1972 F100 OEM Exhaust Help!

Post by 1970FordTK »

These where the best sounding "mufflers" for mustangs with the FE block back in the day. I'm sure you can find a video to hear them on the interent somewhere.

https://www.thrushexhaust.com/mufflers/ ... o-muffler/

Just my :2cents: