Printed Gauge Circuit Installation

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

390xlt

Printed Gauge Circuit Installation

Post by 390xlt »

Here’s a question a little bit of planning on my part could have prevented: Which side of the printed circuit do the washers go on? I took the old one off a few days ago, and now that the new one is here, I can’t remember the correct way to put it back together. It seems like they should go against the nut and the imprint on the old one seems to indicate that that’s right, but I thought I’d double check before I get everything back together then wind up having to remove the gauges again
Thanks,
Chris
1970 F100 Ranger XLT 390 3 speed
DuckRyder

Re: Printed Gauge Circuit Installation

Post by DuckRyder »

Mine has some odd triangular ish washer/nuts with contacts …
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I don't remember nuts on my 71's printed circuit board, (before I swapped the F-600 panel into it).
But I will add this-to look very closely at the circuit board ribbons where they join the mounting holes as it seems I remember that possible being a source of grounding)? Can't really tell much from this image but look closely for that as it might determine your washers location, (to ensure proper conductance of the board)?

Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
390xlt

Post by 390xlt »

After a closer study, I can confirm that the washers definitely go on the back. Now if I hadn't fried my gauges trying to test them, I'd be in business...
1970 F100 Ranger XLT 390 3 speed