Help with a few questions.

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Devin Ezersky

Help with a few questions.

Post by Devin Ezersky »

I have some questions maybe a few of the people here can help me with. My uncle recently did a mechanical and interior restoration of my grandfathers truck, a 1972 Ford F250 Ranger, and there are a few things we need help with. There isn't an antenna, but he just needs the antenna part, an doesn't need the whole kit. Any idea if it would be possible to buy just that, from somewhere? The headliner needs replaced, and I found smsautofabrics.com, and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them. Especially if they also had a 1972 F250 Ranger. Finally, tires. Anyone have any experience with the Firestone Destination M/T2 tires? He just has normal tires on it now, that have almost zero traction on the farm. Thank you in advance.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Help with a few questions.

Post by basketcase0302 »

="Devin Ezersky"
I have some questions maybe a few of the people here can help me with. My uncle recently did a mechanical and interior restoration of my grandfathers truck, a 1972 Ford F250 Ranger, and there are a few things we need help with. There isn't an antenna, but he just needs the antenna part, an doesn't need the whole kit. Any idea if it would be possible to buy just that, from somewhere? The headliner needs replaced, and I found smsautofabrics.com, and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them. Especially if they also had a 1972 F250 Ranger. Finally, tires. Anyone have any experience with the Firestone Destination M/T2 tires? He just has normal tires on it now, that have almost zero traction on the farm. Thank you in advance.
Blown away that DC didn't list just the "mast" for the antenna, (but lists masts for older slicks and newer 80's and 90's Fords? :hmm:
And LMC seems the same? But LMC does list a DC mast that's close in the year model so I'd give them a call or email and ask about availability.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/antenna ... %26year%3D
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

The correct 72 antenna is a teardrop shape, I do not think you can replace just the mast on it.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fastEdsel »

Mac's Auto Parts has the antennas. Phone number 877-283-7020. Don't piece them together, buy the whole unit $94.99 p/n 48-40777. They are also a rectangular shape base just like the new production models were.
SMSAutofabrics.com is also very good. They sent me all the matching fabric I needed for my '59 Edsel Corsair restoration.
Headliners are also available in gray, perforated or non-perforated, $139.99 but I think you can have them painted, just call them. p/n 48-42368 for the perforated and 48-42369 for the non-perforated.
And tires? You gotta shop around like the rest of us do. Firestones have always been my favorite on my Ford's. Happy hunting, keep in touch. :thup:
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

DuckRyder wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:17 am The correct 72 antenna is a teardrop shape, I do not think you can replace just the mast on it.
You are correct - you have to replace the whole thing. I lucked out and scored a NOS one on eBay for $65.... :D
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Dang...it blows my mind the cost of them nowadays!

I can remember buying Ford part number antenna's for less than $30 back in the 70's! :eek:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4