different defrost vents?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

different defrost vents?

Post by Zorm »

anyone tried to put more then just these two square holes. Like the modern long style? I like "junk yard mods" so if any one has something like that the better, thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: different defrost vents?

Post by basketcase0302 »

Zorm
anyone tried to put more then just these two square holes. Like the modern long style? I like "junk yard mods" so if any one has something like that the better, thanks.
I'd seen two trucks here GRAFT the dent era rectangular defroster ducts like you're asking about over the years, (it is a lot...of work). I'm pretty sure you'll need to have the front windshield out so the metal work on the dash can be properly done. The dent era defrost ducting works 4X as good, but even upgrading your fan motor to the dent era helps the defrost tremendously, (with only 1/4 the amount of work). :wink:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4