1967 Ford F100 Original Brake Booster

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

scooty779

1967 Ford F100 Original Brake Booster

Post by scooty779 »

I have a 1967 Ford F100. It has the original drum brakes all the way around with an aftermarket power booster. The booster works but I believe the unit is for disk brakes and I know those can actually have too much power. In the case of the one I have on it now the brakes are very sensitive and will lock up if pressed to hard. I know the one used on the 67 is different from 68-72. Looking for in-site on what Ford booster I should use. Would like to use an original booster for drum brakes that would have come on the truck new if possible.
1967 F100 (352/T85N)
DCrusher

Re: 1967 Ford F100 Original Brake Booster

Post by DCrusher »

What are you running right now drums or disc/drum?? If it’s locking up then someone may have already installed a prop valve for a disc/drum setup and that may be what is causing your lock up if you had a drum setup you should have a distribution block for your brake system. Your prop valve is what regulates your brake system. If you have a distribution block with drums system and a power booster you should notice anything you may have a brake sticking or adjusted to tight
http://www.hottottyscreations.com

55 F-100
57 Oval VW
68 F-100 3" Dropped Axles & Rear Hanger Flip
88 Dodge Ramcharger
97 F-150 Extended Cab 4" 6" Slammed
Ren

Re: 1967 Ford F100 Original Brake Booster

Post by Ren »

scooty779 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:59 pm I have a 1967 Ford F100. It has the original drum brakes all the way around with an aftermarket power booster. The booster works but I believe the unit is for disk brakes and I know those can actually have too much power. In the case of the one I have on it now the brakes are very sensitive and will lock up if pressed to hard. I know the one used on the 67 is different from 68-72. Looking for in-site on what Ford booster I should use. Would like to use an original booster for drum brakes that would have come on the truck new if possible.
Drum/drum definitely requires a single diaphragm booster.