"Dijon" - '72 F-250 in Michigan

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

weissmike

"Dijon" - '72 F-250 in Michigan

Post by weissmike »

Hello!

I'm so happy to find this community after selling my modern pickup on a whim and buying an old Ford across the country on eBay.

What we have here is a 1972 Ford F-250 with the 390 and Automatic transmission. When I found the listing, it was listed as a 1969, but that's because the guy that painted it grabbed the wrong door tag from his stack. After some diligent frame scrubbing I was able to locate the actual VIN and he was able to locate the actual door tag. Interestingly enough, the Frame was tagged with the Y for the 360, but the door was tagged with an H for 390. I'm thinking it was probably optioned up after the frame was assembled.

So far I've had some engine work done to make it a reliable start, fixed up all of the electrical and lights. Up next are an upgraded stock AM radio with AM/FM/Bluetooth/Aux and some exhaust repairs.

This site has been extremely helpful as I learn more about this truck, I look forward to sharing more as I make improvements.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: "Dijon" - '72 F-250 in Michigan

Post by cep62 »

:wel:
Welcome to our site.
savage70

Re: "Dijon" - '72 F-250 in Michigan

Post by savage70 »

Welcome, Im from Michigan also and just joined . I love what i have seen on the site. I have a 1970 F-250, not up and running yet but getting close. i live close to Pontiac are you in the upper or lower part of Michigan