Hello y’all! New old 67 LB custom cab owner.

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Johnblue

Hello y’all! New old 67 LB custom cab owner.

Post by Johnblue »

Hi guys, the last few months as I’ve been shopping for a bump side I’m been using this forum a lot to learn about the trucks. Well it happened today, I purchased one and it’s pretty much exactly what I was looking for mostly stock 1967 long bed custom cab camper special. It’s the best I could get with my limited budget but at least she’s on the tow truck home, I probably could’ve driven it but the drum brakes were a little too squishy for me to take across the Los Angeles traffic. It’s been with one family for at least 30 years kept running well the whole time it was grandpa’s truck. I don’t know too much about it but it looks to have the original 352. It’s an automatic. And it’s springtime yellow. It took a hit on the roof from a tree. And it’s got some dings on the bump on one side and it’s got a little bit of rust.
I think the seats are from a newer year. I’m not sure, directionally in pretty good shape underneath just not the right color, the original rubber carpet thing looks like it’s in perfect shape. I think the second auxiliary gas tank is functional.

It’s my first go around with the Ford truck or any truck for that matter, I have a 1966 Ford Fairlane, that’s at home and it’s got a really expensive paint job so it’s too nice to drive around too much. I wanted something fun to do you know my Home Depot trips yeah and Light hauling that I do from being a homeowner.

I’ll start a thread and tell the story of this truck in a different place a little bit later when I’m taking some pictures, right now I’m driving home from the purchase she’s on a flatbed gonna get pulled up to my house.

I will need a lot of help, and thanks for all the help so far the last few months as I’ve been deciding where to buy.
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Hello y’all! New old 67 LB custom cab owner.

Post by 1970FordTK »

Welcome from North Carolina. :thup:
3 Speed

Re: Hello y’all! New old 67 LB custom cab owner.

Post by 3 Speed »

I am no expert, compared to all the folks on this site, but I can tell you that you will love your 67.

I miss mine!

My posts are all fairly simple, but they may help:

Seatbelts - Seatbelt Pros is the way to go
Upholstery - SMS is the way to go
Carb - Replace it at the first sign of trouble! Too simple a fix.

And a great source for 67 info is RobRoy.

Welcome to the addiction - I mean famiy!
67 F101 Custom Cab longbed, 352 V8, 3 speed manual