1968 F100 Turn signal switch help

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

jandrea

1968 F100 Turn signal switch help

Post by jandrea »

My turn signal switch was completely hacked with a universal switch. My flasher can was completely hacked. I’ve ripped everything out and am hooking up a new switch. I’m getting close.

I have 12 V going in on the blue wire from the stop switch. When I turn left or right on the signal switch. I get left or right signal lights at front and rear. The only problem is I have no flashing because I don’t yet have a flasher hooked up. Also, there is no signal flasher mounted behind the dash cluster like all the diagrams state, and I can’t find the original wires for the flasher.

I have no idea what the green contact is for here… and if/where it plugs into the 6 pin plug under dash. And I can’t figure out how to hook a flasher into the switch so that power is routed through it to the signals when the switch is on left or right.
IMG_9918.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 1968 F100 Turn signal switch help

Post by cep62 »

:wel: Welcome to our site.
On the home page there's a lot of tech articles and wiring diagrams.
maybe these can help.
https://www.fordification.com/tech/schematics_h.htm

https://www.fordification.com/tech/schematics_i.htm
jandrea

Re: 1968 F100 Turn signal switch help

Post by jandrea »

Thanks! The schematics all seem to be slightly different on multiple fronts.

I did figure out my problem. Mainly I had the blue wire from the TSS (in my picture) plugged into the brake switch feed in the under dash plug. It needed to be the green (in my picture) from the TSS.

I then just tapped into an open spade on the fuse panel.. fused it, then connected to a flasher, then connected that to the blue coming from the TSS.