VIN Chart

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Multiford

VIN Chart

Post by Multiford »

Does anybody have a chart for decoding the 11 digit VIN's? I've got one, but it's been packed away since my last deployment and won't be coming out anytime soon as I'm fixing to deploy again. Specifically, I need the info for the medium duty trucks. I just bought a bumpside F-500 with no title. There's a VIN tag on the door, but the sticker on the B-pillar has been peeled off. (Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be a stolen truck). I don't know what year it is so I can apply for a title.
I will provide all the VIN tag info from the door below, even though some of it is self-explanatory. If somebody could either decipher or otherwise help me with that, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

F50CCG58369

WB: 156
Color: 7 (I'm assuming 7 means blue as that's the color of the truck and it doesn't appear to have been repainted)
Model: F504 (Don't know what the 4 means)
Body: 48 (Cab & Chassis? It came with an aftermarket dump bed)
Trans: A42 (Has a 4-speed)
Axle: Not specified (Has a 2-speed rear end)
GVW: 18000
HP: 164
RPM: 3800
DSO: 55 (Don't know what 55 means)
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: VIN Chart

Post by cep62 »

On the home page under Technical Articles , there's a listing for decoding the vin. it may help.
Did you look for an engine sticker on the valve cover? it can help with the year.
Multiford

Post by Multiford »

Thanks, I looked at that already. It only covers the light trucks. Haven't looked at the engine yet. I'll look for the sticker later this week.
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

Vin info is common to all series, this site just doesn't really focus on the mediums. From home page, go to Tech. art., Decoding your Vin, 1970, you will see serial numbers starting with G50000 were built in Sept 69, for model year 70.
DSO 55 is St Louis.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.