1972 F250 heavy duty coil springs...

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

UH60L

1972 F250 heavy duty coil springs...

Post by UH60L »

So, I have looked all over the place, including several forum articles on this site and the few possible options I found seem to be discontinued or non-existent now. I have a 1972 F250 Custom, pretty sure it's got the factory tow package based on 4.10 gears and factory P/S cooler.

My passenger side coil lower retaining washer is loose and can be wiggled at least 1/4 inch up and down. The spring is bowed to the right side of the truck and physically leaning/pushing against the part of the I-beam that comes up to the spindle and brake. I think even if it's fixable, I should probably put some new ones on, these appear original (probably why the front is way lower than the back...).

I'm looking to replace my coil springs with stock replacements (not lowering or lifting), but my truck is rated GVWR 7500 and almost everything that is readily available is for 6900 and lower. Also, the ones on my truck are physically bigger than all of what's available. My coils have an outer diameter of just under 6 inches and an installed height as it sits right now of just under 14 inches. It has the upper coil spring mounts way above the frame rails.

Other than waiting several months for Eaton to make custom ones that may or may not work, I can't seem to find any legitimate available options. Any info would be appreciated.